Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AARON.APODACAATYEU
221 Views, 4 Replies

blocks

anyone know how to add a name to the properties box (using a block), see example the next block over (G) needs one 

AARONAPODACAATYEU_0-1661985652528.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Looks to me like you might be wanting to use something like property set data. Try this video, there are many others under the subject.

Working with Property Set Data in Civil 3D - YouTube

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

It appears like your block has an attribute named NAME/MARK but its currently blank.  In the properties window you can select the cell to the right of the attribute name and type in a value.

Or

Double click the block and an attribute editor window will pop up where you can enter a value.

Once the block has a value you can edit it easily by holding down the Ctrl key and double clicking on the attribute text value.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 4 of 5

MMcall, 

thanks for the response

What I was trying to do was add a line to the properties area for the blocks that i am using in my drawing.

for BIM purposes. I found out that I can add that Block: RT850-SINGLE LINE to the properties (when no line was there at all) by using the command ATTSYNC. This will add the line for you to input whatever the block NAME/MARK is.

see image the BLOCK area in the properties was not there i added that line by using ATTSYNC.

-Aaron

AARONAPODACAATYEU_0-1662038475275.png

Message 5 of 5

Ahh, I see now.    Yes, anytime a block has an update or addition of an attribute, the already inserted blocks need to be re-synced with the block definition to get those updated attributes.  ATTSYNC does that.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report