Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks and QTO pay items

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
spavlovitsky
680 Views, 9 Replies

Blocks and QTO pay items

Hello!

When I assign pay items to a block and copy it into a current or another drawing - it works just fine.

But when I bring my blocks to a tool pallete and use them in drawings - pay items dissapears.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: spavlovitsky

It works this way because when you copy and paste you are copying a specific object. When you insert a block from the Tool Palette, it is using the block definition, not a copy of a specific insertion of that block. The pay item data is not assigned within the block definition, only to individual instances of the block. It would be cool if you could....

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

I was able to go into the dwg that my tool palette blocks are in, open the block in a block editor, assign a pay item, use the palette to insert the block to a working dwg ... and it worked!

I assigned the same pay item list to each dwg.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I take that back - it doesn't work to assign a pay item within the block.

Message 5 of 10
cwr-pae
in reply to: spavlovitsky

Try assigning the pay item to the block, then creating a block containing the first block with the pay item assigned. Make sure the pay item list is assigned to the drawing before inserting and exploding the second block from the tool palette. Pay items should stay attached to the first block this way. Attaching the pay item file must be done BEFORE inserting the blocks.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

@cwr-pae   I have a dumb question. How do I create a nested block? I tried defining a new block from the block that has a pay item assigned to it. when I explode the second block it is reduced to the objects that made up the inserted block - not the inserted block.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I can do a nested block if I edit the block in place, but not with the block editor. On saving the block, the block nested within is exploded. riddle me that.

Message 8 of 10
cwr-pae

I don't think I have had nested blocks explode, maybe its some obscure ACAD (not a C3D) setting?

Try making the first block and attaching the pay item data. Then use block command to create the second block. Uncheck "open in block editor" and check "allow exploding" buttons. Try with both "convert to block" and "retain" settings.

Message 9 of 10
cwr-pae

Don't allow the first block to be exploded, set this during block creation with block command. In the block editor, with nothing selected, the properties palette will allow you to toggle this on and off in existing block at the bottom of palette.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

I have something wacky going on, because I did set the first blocks to not explode, yet they still did when using the block editor on save at exit. Edit block in place worked, though, so i have it figured out. Thanks for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report