Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

becoming autocad certified as a college student, civil engineering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
856 Views, 1 Reply

becoming autocad certified as a college student, civil engineering

Hello,

I would like to become autocad certified in order to improve my preparation and eligibility for an internship within the next couple of years. This opportunity would provide further skills proven included in my resume. I noticed that there is a set of free software available for autocad training students. Is this an effective path to prepare for the final exam, which upon passing I would become certified? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tony1978
in reply to: Anonymous

Practice does make perfect but everyone learns in different ways. For example, I am a visual person, I can watch a video once and learn that workflow or feature tool. Some people learn by reading handouts and books to get a better in depth understanding. Some people learn from repetition by using a feature over and over to get familiar with. So it's really up to you and your learning methods. If you can learn by just playing with the software and getting familiar with the features tools then that's fine. I would recommend watching the videos that are posted on the help menu of AutoCAD.  I posted a link below of the topics you will be asked during the AutoCAD Certification exam. If I remember right if you logged in with your Autodesk account and go to the Autodesk certification website and take a practice test. On top of that, there are a few practice exam handouts you can download also. Ascent is another great resource for practice exam books also.

AutoCAD Exam Topics

ASCENT

AutoCAD Practice Questions

Practice Questions

Practice Questions 2

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report