Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

base course under sidewalk and control sidewalk slope

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lambertb
379 Views, 3 Replies

base course under sidewalk and control sidewalk slope

I checked out a couple older DG topics and there was mention of shape trapezoidal or a generic pavement. I could not find the trapezoid sub. If you use the generic pavement, how you you control its slope.

I have a sidewalk where I need to control its slope in various areas and I would want the base course to match.

Can you control the sidewalk slope with a superelevation line or how does one go about this?

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: lambertb

Generic Pavement allows both width and cross slope input parameters, each of which can be overridden during design by assigning a width target and an edge elevation target. Is that what you're asking? Are you familiar with corridor targeting?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: lambertb

What kind of slopes are your aiming for? ADA is pretty strict about sw slopes

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
lambertb
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Slopes of -2 to +2%. I want to make sure the base course follows the sidewalk slope, similar to a lane. One of the posts talked about the lane coding making code sets difficult.

C3D 2022 and 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report