Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Mask doesn't show or print

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
7115 Views, 6 Replies

Background Mask doesn't show or print

Hi,

I'm on Civil3d 2010.  I have a drawing where i have background masks on most of my text - everything works great.  Then I did a "Save As" to give the drawing a new name.  After working in it for a day or so, I noticed that all of the text masks don't show.  When I hover over mtext (or blocks with mtext), a border shows around the text (only when hovering).  But bottom line is the background mask doesn't show at all or print. The original drawing is still fine.

I've checked and this has nothing to do with line merge in the pc3 file etc.

Any thoughts? Is there a sys var that could have been toggled or something? 

Desperate....

Thanks,

Ted

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

But bottom line is the background mask doesn't show at all or print.

Are you using the background mask to mask objects behind the text or to give them a border or background color? I only use them to mask so your statement above makes me wonder.

Usually if the background masks didn't seem to be working I'd try bringing the text to the front with draw order or you could use TEXTTOFRONT. Since the mask is part of the text, it should follow.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for the response.

I'm using the back mask (mtext property) with the "Use drawing backgroud color" option checked.

I have selected my text and brought to front.

I've attached a pic to show how the border of the mtext background mask shows when it is not selected but my mouse hovers over it.  I am positive the box represents the background mask as I have adjusted the Border offset factor and the box adjusts accordingly.

Also, I tried unchecking the "Use drawing background color"  and setting the mask color to red.  When I do this, a red box outline surrounds the text (I tried this in the properly working drawing file and all the text is blotted out with a solid red rectangle.  I've attached a second pic showing this.

I simply cannot figure out why it isnt functioning properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Ted

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry, just realized attached images didn't work out.  Try these:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Message 6 of 7
AllenJessup

Glad to here you solved it. Thanks for posting the answer.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Having the exact same problem, but my FILL is set to ON already. The MTEXT is in Paper Space over a VP with an XREF I'm trying to cover. TEXTTOFRONT, MTEXT masking, DRAW ORDER, and creating a WIPEOUT make no difference whatsoever. The MTEXT stays hidden by the XREF. Two images below show that the XREF is being shown in full instead of the text showing as the front layer. (In the second image you should be able to see that masking is on.)

CMcKenna58W6C_0-1600264611778.png

CMcKenna58W6C_1-1600264697604.png

EDIT: The only thing that helped, at least on the printing side (though still not in viewing it) was making sure that Plot Paper Space Last was checked when printing. How irritating though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report