Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated PI renumbering

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Alriddin
1042 Views, 8 Replies

Automated PI renumbering

Let's assume that I have an alignment, with 4 PI's. They are all numbered based on the sequence that they were added. If I add a new PI, between #2 and #3, the new PI gets the number #5. This effectively means that my PI list goes 1, 2, 5, 3, 4.

Is there a way to configure Civil 3D to automatically renumber PI's, while maintaining their sequence based on relativity to other PI's?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MMcCall402
in reply to: Alriddin

You're referring to the PI index number?

I just played with this in version 2015 and the PIs renumbered sequentially when I added a new one between existing ones.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 9
Alriddin
in reply to: MMcCall402

@MMcCall402

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. Would you be able to share a screencast for me, please? I am actually querying on behalf of a customer of mine, and am looking for a best-recommended workflow that I can present to them.

Message 4 of 9
MMcCall402

A screencast would have to wait this this evening. (they frown upon such things during working hours)

I'm not really sure what I would be recording anyway. The sequential numbering happens on its own. This makes me wonder if where talking about the same thing here.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 9
Jeff_M

I just tested this in C3D 2020 and am seeing the PI's renumber correctly:

2019-12-10_8-32-55.png2019-12-10_8-34-32.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 9
Alriddin
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M Thanks for the screenshots. Can you maybe share your label style settings? I suspect that this might actually be the solution to the query anyway.

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

@Alriddin , I just added the Alignment PI Index to a TangentIntersect label style, as well as to a Curve Label Style. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 9
lynn_zhang

Hello @Alriddin ,

Just checking to see if your problem has been solved. Did the response from @Jeff_M help answer your question? If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button in his reply or let us know if you still need help. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff

where is the PI index#? I know I have seen it before.

more importantly can I get an alignment table with the PI index number?

JoeBouza_0-1692965967475.png

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report