Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD File Locations

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
teppley14
1220 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD File Locations

To Whom It May Concern,

Are there any type of documents out there that identifying file locations for all of AutoCAD Civil 3D's settings. For example, if I would like to see where font styles are stored where could that be found? If I would like to see where section label styles are stored where could that be found? etc...

I realize there are a multitude of files and locations but I would like to get a better grasp on the overall setup of AutoCAD.

Thank you,

Tyler

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: teppley14

Most of the settings are stored in the DWG file, such as the styles you mentioned.

Fonts and shapes and images are stored externally, and referenced into the DWG.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
toyhonda86

To expand on R.K.'s answer, your fonts and other out of the drawing information (shape files, line types,.......) will be found in a location similar to what is highlighted on the screenshot below.

Fonts.jpg

As for the styles, they will be found in the drawing.  The easiest way to locate these is by opening your toolspace and going to the Settings tab.  You will find all the styles for different Autocad Civil 3d entities within this area once you open each item.

Styles.jpg

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz
Civil 3D 2017
Message 4 of 9
teppley14
in reply to: toyhonda86

Adam,

Can styles (as shown in your second image) be imported into the drawing? or exported?

Thank you,

Message 5 of 9
toyhonda86

You can drag and drop styles from one drawing to another. Both drawings need to be open with the drawing you want the style in active.  Then go to your settings tab and expand the drawing you want the styles from, drag and drop into your drawing window and those styles are now in your active drawing.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Civil 3D 2017
Message 6 of 9
toyhonda86

If you are working in 2017 Civild 3D there is also an option to import styles found on the Manage ribbon.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Civil 3D 2017
Message 7 of 9
teppley14
in reply to: toyhonda86

Adam,

Please see if you can get it to work for the following two files.

I would like to drag the "ODOT Template" section label styles into the "CAS-DECIMAL-CIVIL3D" drawing but it isn't allowing it.

What do you suggest?

Thank you,

Message 8 of 9
rkmcswain

Import styles is not limited to C3D 2017, it's in at least 2014, and maybe earlier versions.

import14.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 9
Jeew-m

Dear Friend,

Please see this video. Using a similar method you can drag and drop styles between drawings. I hope it is pretty easier than importing styles.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report