Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching two different alignments / corridors from two different drawings in one drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hiteshpayghan
204 Views, 3 Replies

attaching two different alignments / corridors from two different drawings in one drawing

as i have created the alignment and corridor of 50 Km in 10 different drawings but our client want all the 10 different alignments in one single and continous alignment in one drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Domziman
in reply to: hiteshpayghan

As far as i am aware there are no functions to do this, i think the real issue you have here is the method that you chose to do the road (splitting it into sections). it's always best practice to always use 1 alignment & 1 corridor for each road you are doing, it is really easy to the show the alignment & corridor in 10 different drawings using View frames.

Civil 3D Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4

Questions:

• Is it a single design of alignment for all 50km road?
  • If it is not a single design, How did you split the chainage? it starts from 0+00 and ends 5+00 for each? or it is continues from 0+00  to  5+00, from 5+00 to 10+00 etc.?
  • Are there any Interchanges in between? if so, are they part of the main corridor?
  • did you use data shortcuts or everything in the single file?
  • does the client ask for a civil 3d file or xml data is expectable? even exploded acad file

Please share some details about these questions above

Beka Tchigladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Helios 18, Intel Core i9 14900HX, 32 GB
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: hiteshpayghan

It's not a simple function. It can be done as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0k3YhuMGWg

You could copy all the alignments into one drawing and explode all except the beginning one. Then add the lines and curves as shown in the video.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

This video shows a manual process of combining two alignments in Civil 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report