Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSEMBLY NOT FOLLOWING ALIGNMENT CORRECTLY

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1206 Views, 4 Replies

ASSEMBLY NOT FOLLOWING ALIGNMENT CORRECTLY

Happy Friday,

I'm having an issue with an assembly not following an alignment correctly. It is supposed to be generated along an alignment at the face of curb, but the assembly alignment is not centered correctly and is appearing to generate offset from the assembly anchor.

Picture 1: The general plan of my intersection. I have a split median main road with cross slopes angled toward the center bio-swale. The intersecting road is a basic urban local. The spot elevations are at the face of curbs, and the white alignments are the foc's I plan on generating along.

1.png

Picture 2: How my attempted curb alignment is generating. Appears to be generating along the daylight. The orange lines are where the curb anchors should meet.

2.png

Picture 3: Where my assembly for the curb is centered. The anchor is at the face of curb, as expected.

3.png

How to I move where my assembly is generated? It appears to be anchored to the Face of Curb, but the generating corridor begs to differ. My hz alignment used is the FOC alignment, and the vt alignment is a profile made using the spot elevations. The surface target is of course the ppsd surface, and the width target for the curb alignment is the existing boundary for the main corridor.  It should line up perfectly, but it's making a mess- help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: Anonymous

What direction is your curb alignment going? As the stationing increases your curb will be on the left in your Picture 3 and you may need it on the right instead.

As a solution, you may need to make another assembly that is a mirror image of the one that you are currently using.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Curb Alignment is starting bottom left (0+00.000) of the intersection, and moving clock-wise.

(The actual alignment is hidden, it's a single polyline that follows the bottom left curb, crosses the street, follows that curve, crosses again, etc.)

Is this the correct orientation for my assembly?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I should also note, when rotating the corridor in model space the curb from the parent corridor and the curb in the curb alignment are both facing the same way, the curb sub assembly for the new alignment is just offset a lot.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I figured it out, although I will admit it's slightly round-about.

I started fresh with a new assembly, only copying over the curb sub-assembly. Once I had the curb attached (at the Edge of Pavement, not at Face of Curb) I moved the "Insertion Point" NOT the "Base Point"
(For those that are experiencing similar problems: The "Insertion Point" is from where the alignment centers your assembly during generation)

To do this I followed the steps here: http://ldoteam.com/2017/03/24/assembly-insertion-point-and-offsets/

The finished product:

5.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report