Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembliy Properties Box pops up

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
M_c3d
784 Views, 6 Replies

Assembliy Properties Box pops up

Properties box is docked to right hand side of screen. If I close it and then bring in an assembly, the properties box pops up in the middle of the screen.

If the properties box is still open in the docked position then it doesn't pop up in the middle of the screen.

Any way to stop it doing this? Only happens in 2018

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: M_c3d

I get the properties palette warning box in middle of screen if an assembly is placed with property palette docked & closed.

Is this what you're referring to?

properties palette.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
M_c3d
in reply to: Jay_B

I've never seen that dialog box before...

I think it might be related to that though, when I click to bring in an assembly or sub-assembly the autocad properties dialog box pops up in the middle of the screen (if the properties dialog box is closed, if its open and docked it stays there). See attached screenshot

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

I can intermittently duplicate the behavior you're describing, once the "don't show this message again" is checked.

If you restore hidden messages, does the Property Palette warning box to appear?

OPTIONS > System tab > General Options > Hidden Message Settings >

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

cntrl+shift+P will remove the annoying quick properties dialog box and the same keys will bring it back. If you want to see it but not in the middle of screen click the icon on the right side of the quick properties box under the x and go to settings, you can control where it pops up or if it should pop up or not from there as well. 

Cheers!

Message 6 of 7
M_c3d
in reply to: Anonymous

It wasn't the quick properties, it was the main autocad properties dialog that pops up in the middle of the screen if it wasn't already opened in civil 3d.

Message 7 of 7
Usman310
in reply to: Jay_B

problem.JPG

Facing the same problem anyone knows the solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report