Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
435 Views, 4 Replies

Assemblies

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping I can get some help with Assemblies... Does anyone know how to add a ditch to the bottom of a 2:1 slope where it matches the existing? Please see the PDF I've attached, what I want to do is in red.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Simon_Blain
in reply to: Anonymous

With S.A.C. add a point and forthe geometry type use slope to surface. You'll be able to set your 2:1 slope. Afterwards you can add more points / link to create your ditch.

You'll need to target your surface when making the corridor.

There might already be some link to surface from C3D if you are not familiar with S.A.C. and don't want to deal with it 😉 (I prefer to make my own subassemblies with S.A.C.)

Message 3 of 5
doni49

There's no need for SAC.  You can use a generic SlopeToSurface link to target the existing surface, then a collection of generic WidthAndSlop links followed by another SlopeToSurfaceLink that again targets the existing surface.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

The replies in this thread should help you, but I want to point out that doing it this way will no longer allow you to control your ditch flowline elevations. This is only relevant if you're building a swale with lowpoints that you're trying to control with your original profile.
Message 5 of 5
doni49
in reply to: doni49

With the exception of all the decision stuff (If statements, switches etc) you can do with generic links just about anything you can do with SAC.  You just won't have ONE SA like you'd have if you were to use SAC.

I for one try to avoid SAC if at all possible because of the workflow involved.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report