Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Destructive Hide Boundaries Possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gpserra
215 Views, 4 Replies

Are Destructive Hide Boundaries Possible?

I have a corridor that loops on itself and I need to remove the internal interpolating surface because it's causing (crossing feature lines) issues when I paste it into my proposed surface. I've played with the triangle length option, and it has eliminated over 90% of the surface. Unfortunately the triangles that cause the biggest issue are the ones near the 90 degree bend, which can't be removed using that feature without messing up the entire surface. 

That's when I thought to use a hide boundary set as destructive, but it's not registering when I rebuild. A non-destructive hide boundary works just fine though, so I'm wondering if a destructive hide boundary is even an option. 

civil-3d-help.PNG

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
v-silvestre
in reply to: gpserra

Hi, I'm curious why a destructive hide boundary isn't working.  As for the reason why you're using it, for tin lines creating a "shelf" along 90 degree bends on your corridor, wouldn't creating a shrink-wrap corridor boundary fix that issue?

Before:

vsilvestre_0-1717605879816.png

vsilvestre_1-1717605944639.png

After:

vsilvestre_2-1717605982210.png

Message 3 of 5
gpserra
in reply to: v-silvestre

I do have a boundary on the outside of the corridor, my issue is when you have a corridor that loops (see picture)

Civil-Help-2.PNG

you can't use an "outer" boundary option to cut a hole in the middle island. Hence why I wanted to use the hidden boundary, but I wanted to be destructive and not just interpolate new points along the perimeter. 

Message 4 of 5
v-silvestre

Interesting, any chance you can upload your drawing for us to take a look at?

Message 5 of 5
chriscowgill7373

I would say no to your initial question:

chriscowgill7373_0-1722023637545.png

Straight from the help.  A Hide boundary, is only a mask.

For A corridor, I would do what you can to not make it loop, that is what I've always gone by.  You start to run into issues because you cant specify distances from the centerline when adding information to profile views, such as pipe networks.  Not saying it will cause an issue, but it can.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report