Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARCH PIPE PROFILE

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1245 Views, 6 Replies

ARCH PIPE PROFILE

So I cant seem to find a 49"x33" arch pipe to use in my pipe design for the profile.  So I decided to just draw in an arch pipe myself.  Problem is, I drew the pipe to spec, but my vert exaggeration on my profile is 5x so I need to stretch the pipe vertically 5 times larger than normal keeping my horz width the same.  I don't want to do the math to figure out what radius the pipe should be at, I tried creating a block and in the properties section where you can scale the x,y,z.  I tried scaling the y to 5.  the problem is the block disappears when I do this.  any suggestions on how I can get my pipe on my profile, preferably have it in a pipe design option, so it will design to that actual pipe, I am currently using the 42" circular pipe equivalent. But if i can just stretch or fix my block dissapearing, that will work too.

I am running Civil 3d 2010.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jjfuller
in reply to: Anonymous

I just started a custom pipe family because of arch pipes.  It's in a lot newer version than 2010 but I don't think it matters with partbuilder.  I think all you will have to do is extract this entire folder into the pipe catalog on the c drive.  Keep in mind it's not finished so it may be a little dirty, ie wierd parameters and such. 

Jon Fuller

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium - Latest Version
Civil 3D - Latest Version
Message 3 of 7
jjfuller
in reply to: jjfuller

After thinking about it there were a few key parameters that still needed to be input.  Here is an updated one.  You will likely need to open it it part builder to change the haunch radius as I haven't done it yet.

Jon Fuller

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium - Latest Version
Civil 3D - Latest Version
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jjfuller

thank you, I'll try it out. I'll let you know if it works

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Unfortunetly I wasnt able to open the file.  I dont think exporting it would help becuase that usually exploads the 3d objects.

Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

If your block disappears when you change the y scale are you sure the block has a 0,0 origin?

Open the block in the block editor. If the block in not close to the origin, select everything and move it from your desired insertion point to 0,0. Save the block and close the editor. Try the y scale trick again. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Awesome, I actually did the opposite though.  The origin was set at 0,0 and I reset it to be right next to the block and it worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report