Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appurtenance appears backwards in Profile view.

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mcates_BX3JMXB7DLKY
463 Views, 13 Replies

Appurtenance appears backwards in Profile view.

I have a pressure network going smoothly almost everywhere. A random Fire Hydrant is showing backwards in Profile view but appears perfectly normal in object viewer. Anyone else experience this?

mcates_BX3JMXB7DLKY_0-1688576454580.pngmcates_BX3JMXB7DLKY_1-1688576477293.png

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Interesting. How did you "show in profile view" the utilities? Is there more than one fire hydrant appurtenance in this spot? 

Message 3 of 14

I selected the pipe run and used the "Pipe Run Profile" command from the ribbon. There is only 1 hydrant at that location. 

Message 4 of 14

Select the hydrant in plan view and go to its appurtenance properties. Go to the connections tab and see what that says for pipes or if anything at all

Message 5 of 14

mcates_BX3JMXB7DLKY_0-1688588374410.png

It is connected to the correct pipe. If it wasn't I don't think it would have shown in object viewer as connected.

Message 6 of 14

Well then, I'm at the end of the road. Last thing I would check is how the alignment for the profile view is created. Linear with zero sections that may ride back over themselves for a very small length? Also for the Appurtenance part itself in the profile section of its properties is Display as boundary checked or one of the other four options? I get it's a reach but that's all I can offer. Never seen a backward appurtenance in a profile view like that. I'm going to assume you are using the out-of-box catalog for Civil and not a custom one.

Message 7 of 14

Hi Mcates,

Sence we don't have your file to check this issue, I would like you to check:

- If this Fire hydrant id defined for same Pipe Run or Alignment.

- Insertion point and rotation of the fire hydrant is matched with last pipe connection.

- That you selected the right profile view to insert fire hydrant object.

- You need some checking to discover what already happened.

Best luck.

Message 8 of 14

@acad_ahossain 

- Yes, it is defined to the pipe run. It is clearly connected to the pipe in the proper orientation. As you can see in the object viewer screenshot.

- With the way I built the pipe run it automatically connects to the end of the pipe and at the appropriate rotation.

- I used the "Pipe Run Profile" tool in the ribbon to create the profile view. Using this method you don't need to use the "Draw in Profile View" command.

There is no rotation option when you connect it to the end of the pipe. There are zero options to edit the display of this Appurtenance if it is connected to the pipe run. 

Here is the file. I have no idea how many things will not show up because of references losing path.

Message 9 of 14

Which profile is it? None of those look reversed to me

delete.png

Message 10 of 14

So when you opened it was the correct orientation? Its Water Line 3 profile.

mcates_BX3JMXB7DLKY_0-1688654784857.png

Message 11 of 14

Yessiree. Have more than one machine running C3D at your location? Try another machine

delete.png

Message 12 of 14
acad_ahossain
in reply to: RobertEVs

@mcates_BX3JMXB7DLKY

I opened your file, but its look in correct position same @RobertEVs was said.

Maybe you need to go with purge the file or finally reset Civil 3d to default settings.

Try to create the same work in a new civil file before doing reset all setting you made may it help.

Best luck

Message 13 of 14

@RobertEVs and @acad_ahossain thank you for the help I will have someone else open it and see it that fixes it. I will post the results when I get it figured out. Thanks again.

Message 14 of 14

It appears to get the Appurtenance to turn the correct direction I extended the alignment to the middle of the Hydrant, and it shows correct in the profile view. However, I think I may have created it incorrectly originally. Not real sure but I got it working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report