Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apposing slopes within a subassembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
252 Views, 2 Replies

Apposing slopes within a subassembly

I have a corridor that is crowned but the sub-grade, sub-base, and base slope the same way across the assembly.

I need a sub-assembly that allows for the road surface ( Pave 1 )  to slope apposite of the the layers below. this means that the Base layer will be a wedged shaped strata on one side of the assembly.

Is there a sub assembly that should allow me to do this?  How can it be accomplished?

base slope.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwr-pae
in reply to: Anonymous

CrownedLane subassembly allows a different slope for the base and may serve your purpose, but doesn't handle automatic superelevation.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

Thanks for the input. 

I split the assembles into right and left using the sub-assembles that will superelevate. Created two corridors with two baselines each right and left. I created one crowned corridor and extracted the Base surface from that and a second corridor with a continuous slope and adjusted for the increased thickness of the base layer to accommodate  the min thickness and extracted the sub Base and Sub Grade surfaces.  Not super clean but it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report