Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Description Keys to Cross Section Point Projections

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
darrell.kennedy
513 Views, 6 Replies

Applying Description Keys to Cross Section Point Projections

Hi All,

Description keys are a great tool in AutoCAD C3D when there is numerous data that you wish to show for a single cogo point. My problem is occurring when I project the point onto a cross section and turn on the Description Only label style; the point on the cross section displays the raw description which includes the description key code as well and no formatting made in the description key setting.

I assumed the problem stemmed from the label style therefore I went in and tried to change the display, but there is only one option for description and not description or raw description. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

-dk

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

are you able to post a drawing that shows this?  I seldom project anything to cross section views, and so I'm having difficulty picturing how it would look, as well as what various options are available for display.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 7

If you want to control the label that's projected in your cross section, then you need to edit the cross section label and not the COGO label. To do this, right click on the label in the cross section and select 'Edit Label Style.' From there, the easiest way is 'Edit the Current Style' by clicking on the blue box with the pencil (you may also copy or create a new label style). Then from the layout tab, in the TEXT SECTION you can change or reformat the label.    

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: darrell.kennedy

Darrell, you can add a CogoPoint Reference Text component to the projection label style and include just the Full Description that way. The downside is that you have to select the cogopoint again after the label is placed, which done via the Properties palette.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7

Is this what you want

I am working on some thing similar

See top right image

Would like to see ZD changed to tree.JPG

Message 6 of 7
cwr-pae
in reply to: darrell.kennedy

You will need to copy and paste the text component contents properties from the point label style to the section view projection label style. Format the label in the point label style before copy. The final section view projection label component will read something like <[Full Description(CP)]>.

Message 7 of 7
PeterKozub
in reply to: cwr-pae

You the king CWR

pasted in<[Full Description(CP)]>

works great

so this is good if a component is not available

it does not mean its is not usable

See text top right

project cogo point.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report