Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Text Mystery

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ZDCMapp
387 Views, 10 Replies

Annotative Text Mystery

Hello,

Looking for an explanation on how the annotative text in this drawing is setup and how it magically rotates in the paper space viewport. I have checked the set up of the text, I have gone through the properties but couldn't find any evidence to how it rotates in the viewport. I don't ever use annotative text or dimensions in my drawings because we only use CAD for conceptual drawing ideas and budgeting purposes. However, when I come across something I don't understand, I want to learn how the architects or civil engineers do what they do.

If you double click the "green space" text in model space you get a ghost image of the text as it shows in paper space rotated and vice versa in paper space. I want to know how this is achieved. I have never seen this action before.

I can't tell if my file attached. Please let me know.

Thanks

Christopher

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
LucasHicks
in reply to: ZDCMapp

No the file did not attached.

OpenRoads Designer, Civil 3D
Message 3 of 11
SkipBurns

Could it be mtext with this setting?

SkipBurns_0-1652718517541.png

Message 4 of 11
ZDCMapp
in reply to: SkipBurns

Negative.

Apparently my file did not attach. Got to figure that out now.

Message 5 of 11
MMcCall402

In addition to resizing, annotative text can be placed at different locations and orientations for each of the scales associated with it.  The text can also not even display if the scale(s) associated with the text don't match the view scale.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 11
ZDCMapp
in reply to: LucasHicks

Ok. Got it in there now. Apparently, the drag & drop doesn't work for me.

Message 7 of 11
ZDCMapp
in reply to: MMcCall402

I finally got my file attached. Have a look.

Message 8 of 11
SkipBurns

If you set the rotation in the properties instead of using the rotate command, you can have different rotations at different annotation scales.

Message 9 of 11
ZDCMapp

File is attached now. Have a look. The rotation in the properties panel is 0 in both model and paper space. That's what is confusing me.

Message 10 of 11
SkipBurns

In model space... select the text at 1:=50'... the rotation is 0. Change your scale to 1"=200', select the text... the rotation is 335d39'57". In the viewport, type UCS enter enter, select the text and the rotation is 335d39'57". It's 0 rotation in the viewport because the UCS is set to the view.
Message 11 of 11
ZDCMapp

Ahhh. Ok, I see. So the scale change and rotation is set in the viewport, correct?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report