Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation of Tree Symbols

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bdolweckA86KV
1326 Views, 1 Reply

Annotation of Tree Symbols

My firm currently uses a two different tree symbols. One representing a deciduous type of tree, the other a conifer. All of our symbols have the diameter size (text) shown next to the trunk. My question, is it possible to make the text annotative without making the tree annotative? I have often went back and forth with other drafters about this issue. Some people believe the tree's actual size representation on the sheet is unimportant. I disagree tremendously as it is part of the landscape such as a road width or building dimensions, and therefore should be placed respectively. Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: bdolweckA86KV

Edit the Point Style. On the Markers tab, change the Size option to Use size in absolute units. You might have to play around with your size to get it where you want it, but scale changes won't affect it.

The label is a component in the point label style and will continue to reflect drawing scale changes.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report