Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotate

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bnagel
392 Views, 7 Replies

Annotate

How do I set the proper label when I am adding a label to a surface. In other words, When I click on "Add Labels, Surface, Spot Elevations" why don't I get a dialog box open so that I can choose what type of label I want to add, i.e. "Existing Spots, Proposed Spots, etc... 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ArchD
in reply to: bnagel

If you want to choose your styles, go to the Annotate tab and use the Add Labels (top button, command ADDLABELS) and set your Feature to Surface and label type. Otherwise it's going to use what ever is set to default in the command settings.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 8
bnagel
in reply to: ArchD

That was what I was doing & I get a label style that I don't want to use. I'm not sure how to set the default.

Message 4 of 8
Jay_B

Because that command is using the style specified in Feature or Command Settings.

If you wish to select it in a dialog then choose the "Add Surface Labels" option.

To set your favorite spot label:

Settings tab of Toolspace > Rt click on Surface > Edit Feature Settings > Default Styles > Surface Spot...

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 8
qnologi

spot.png

You can set it here.

qnologi
Message 6 of 8
ArchD

Yes, all default styles are set in your commands in the settings tab of your toolspace palette.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 7 of 8
bnagel
in reply to: qnologi

Thank You!!

Message 8 of 8
bnagel
in reply to: ArchD

Thank You!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report