Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3200 graphics cards for Civil3D??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ryan
1006 Views, 2 Replies

AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3200 graphics cards for Civil3D??

Looking at purchasing an HP Zbook 15u laptop.  I'm used to seeing NVIDIA graphics cards in the setups such as the quadro T1000 or the P1000 in desktops.  I am far from a computer expert so want to know if the AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3200 in the Zbook is comparable or sufficient for running Civil3D?  mostly site design but occasional road designs (one mile max) with existing/proposed surfaces, alignments, profiles, corridors, etc. Here are the specs on the setup I'm looking at.  Comments on other specs welcome as well.  

Intel® Core™ i7-8565U with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)

512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD

16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 16 GB)

AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3200 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SMorykin
in reply to: ryan

@ryan 

Autodesk's recommended hardware site does not have a line item for Civil 3D, we have always used the recommended hardware list for Revit and haven't had any problems.  Check out this website https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware

If this post solves your issue or answers your question, Please select the ‘Accept as Solution’ button so other Community members may benefit. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
jae.kwon
in reply to: ryan

Any video card out there is more than capable of handling Civil 3D so you should be just fine.

Only time you would think seriously about what video card is good is other tasks. Large scale parametric modeling? Probably a workstation card. Rendering/visualization? Probably a gaming card.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report