Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment stations end in middle of line

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
678 Views, 2 Replies

Alignment stations end in middle of line

I have a centerline alignment for a waterline, and recently edited it using basic geometry editor tools to adjust the alignment position.  After making the changes, I noticed the existing surface profiles are ending at about 592 feet from the beginning of the alignment instead of the `6000 foot total alignment length.  I checked the alignment properties, and it does indeed say it's 592 feet long, but the line drawn directly over it is over 6000 feet, as it should be.  I ran an inquiry and it shows stations from 0+00 to 5+92, then after that doesn't show any stations.  The alignment itself, when clicked on, does run the entire length, it just doesn't show that in the properties.  The referenced surface overlays the entire alignment, and the alignment is a single line without any overlaps, etc.  I already tried running audit and restarting, but no luck.  Units are also correct.  Any ideas?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeew-m
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Friend,

In your first image I see that your reference point is at 1+00 instead of 0+00. If you update the reference point the things may be changed. 

However I am not sure whether you have a surface profile. If there is a surface profile it should update automatically. 

Check your profile whether is static or not. It should be dynamic. 

Better to upload a sample dwg or at least a landxml.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
doben
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you create the alignment from existing geometry?

I've had the same issue editing an alignment created this way, in particular if it has curves.

If that's the case edit the alignment to delete the part where the stations don't show up then add new vertices to re-establish it. 

Hope this helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report