Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment not printing correctly

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1130 Views, 10 Replies

Alignment not printing correctly

The alignment shows in correct location in modelspace. In viewport it looks still correct. In print preview and in pdf the alignment is shifted. The viewport is in world coordinates and there is no rotation

Alignment shift-modelspace.jpg

print preview:

Alignment shift-print preview.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure what you are talking about.  I printed out a pdf and it prints out just what your layout shows.

406.01 on far left, 404.14 on far right.

Bill

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Is the alignment crossing the annotation points like in the picture of model space (first picture)? Or does it look like in the second picture?

Message 4 of 11
wfberry

Frankly, my model space/layout space and yours do not look the same.  Attach find my pdf.

Bill

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

The points is that the alignment is not in the same position anymore after printing a pdf which can be cleary seen in the printscreen of model space and the printscreen of pdf (see above)

Message 6 of 11
wfberry

What I am saying is that my pdf matches my model space.

Bil

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I appreciate your help. This is a zoom of your pdf. You must see that the alignment is not anymore in the correct position, dont you?

Unbenannt.GIF

Message 8 of 11
wfberry

I know what you are saying, but I don't think you see my point.

Here is a pic of THE same area of your model space on my computer.

Bill

Message 9 of 11
cwr-pae

I'm seeing the same thing @wfberry sees, the alignment is not on the dots in model space or paper space, and I suspect will print that way. That indicates something amiss in model/paper spaces on your computer with the graphics card. Make sure you driver is up to date and Autodesk certified for C3d. If the driver is up to date try turning off (or on) hardware acceleration in cad (GRAPHICSCONFIG). If that doesn't cure it try turning off smooth line display in the 2D Display Settings.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

I did a little test of my own.

I suffer from the same issues as the original post!

All lined up in models space. Dots right on top of alignment.

All lined up in paper space. Dot right on top of alignment.

Plot using dwg to pdf  = dots have now moved off of alignment and the offset is different for each dot. Strange indeed.

Playing with the annotation scale and viewport scale seems to have given better results thought I am not sure why.

Oh Wait! It's something funny with your alignment style or the custom linetype you are using for the alignment. When I set it to a standard style it works fine or when I change the linetype in the style editor to continuous it fixes it.

Try it out. 

Message 11 of 11
Jeff_M

I was seeing the same label offset issue, but only at some locations along the alignment and only when it was an arc segment. Changing the alignment style's line/arc/spiral display properties to have a linetype scale of 1 instead of 0.5 solved the issue. I then applied the 0.5 lt scale to the alignment itself and it still displayed as expected.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report