Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding branch fittings to two pipes in same network - not working

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
swartaZ6NR2
362 Views, 8 Replies

Adding branch fittings to two pipes in same network - not working

Good day,

I have created a pipe network (only one, if I'm not missing anything) with numerous pipe runs. However when I want to add a T-Piece branch fitting, it does not do it and gives an error message stating the two pipes are not in the same network. But I am sure I created just one pipe network with various pipe runs.

Second question - I initially had an intersection (T-shape) with three separate pipes, which did not work for adding a branch fitting, thus I stretched the one pipe longer so that the T-connecting pipe, only connects to one pipe. Is there a way to connect three pipes at a T-junction?

Thank you

A

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RobertEVs
in reply to: swartaZ6NR2

I had this happen to me yesterday. Audit the drawing, save, close and re-start civil. My pipe run branch fittings started to work again. That is assuming they are in the same network BUT two separate runs. 

Message 3 of 9
swartaZ6NR2
in reply to: RobertEVs

Hi Robert,

Thank you, I tried it, but unfortunately I still have the same error message.
I will continue to search for more possible solutions.
Thanks again!
Message 4 of 9
RobertEVs

Can you post the dwg? Are you sure they are two separate runs you are trying to branch? Another reason they will not branch is that there is not a suitable tee fitting in your parts list to use

Message 5 of 9
swartaZ6NR2
in reply to: RobertEVs

Hi Robert,

I actually started again from scratch, to see if it will make a difference if I don't split the whole pipeline up into too many pipe runs. But is still gives problems. I am attaching a file which is closest to the file I was having the problems with. You'll see there is three pipes connecting at a tee and it cannot get a fitting placed there.

Will appreciate your comments.

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
RobertEVs

Problem is that the two linear pipes are in two different runs. you actually have 3 pipes and 3 runs. Branch will only connect 2 runs. You can instead add a fitting and connect each pipe to it. Using your drawing here is a screen shot

RobertEVs_0-1723732335036.png

Message 7 of 9
RobertEVs

Even if you did have a single long pipe run and another perpendicular run they would not branch because in your drawing parts list Pipe Long=250 dia. and Pipe Perp=200 dia. You do not have a tee fitting 250x200 that will work so it would never place one there.

RobertEVs_1-1723733417581.png

Message 8 of 9
swartaZ6NR2

Oh, thanks! Now it makes sense! I will have to fix the parts list before I continue. Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 9
RobertEVs

NP. Please except message number 6 as solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report