Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a custom arrow for point label style dragged state?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Joshua7812
404 Views, 7 Replies

Add a custom arrow for point label style dragged state?

Where are the arrows for dragged state leaders located in the Civil 3D files? Is there a way for me to add a custom arrow to that list? The guy that setup our company template before me left our company about 8 years ago. Now, we're in a place where we're building a new company template from the ground up to better match our needs. However, we have a specific leader arrowhead style we use, and I can't figure out how to add a custom arrowhead style to my dragged state options.

The template that guy setup uses our arrowhead style when I select "Oblique" from the existing dragged state options. However, when I'm building the new template from the ground up, selecting "Oblique" gives me a completely different arrowhead style (Civil 3D's default "oblique" style)....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Vote for My Ideas:
More Table Options & Control
Allow further customization to Dragged State in Label Styles

System Specs:
Civil 3D 2023
Processor: 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
NateSarles
in reply to: Joshua7812

@Joshua7812,

In your template file, recreate the arrowhead you want, or copy it from previous files, then define that as the block "_Oblique" or whatever existing arrowhead name you want to have it called. Then it will ask if you want to redefine that block and then all you will have to do is mess with settings to ensure the rotation and scale are correct.

This might be a good topic to add to the Ideas forum... the ability to add a user block, like almost everywhere else,  to point styles.

C3D 2022
Experienced Civil Site Designer/Drafter
Windows 11, 64 GB RAM
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13850HX
Message 3 of 8
v-silvestre

After a quick search, I came across the following Autodesk Article:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Is-it-possible-to-...

Short answer, not at this time, but they have it as an Idea that you could vote for.

Message 4 of 8
Joshua7812
in reply to: NateSarles

Thank you, I'll give this a try and see if I can get it right!

Vote for My Ideas:

System Specs:
Civil 3D 2023
Message 5 of 8
Joshua7812
in reply to: v-silvestre

Thanks for the link! And I even found a post in the ideas forum where someone suggested the "User arrow" option be added here like it is in the dimension styles.... Can't believe it takes so long and so many C3D versions to make small additions like this that are already implemented elsewhere in the software.

Vote for My Ideas:

System Specs:
Civil 3D 2023
Message 6 of 8
NateSarles

@Joshua7812, did you happen to get it working?

C3D 2022
Windows 11, 64 GB RAM
Message 7 of 8
Joshua7812
in reply to: NateSarles

Sorry, I'd not had an opportunity to try it until just now, I've been tied up on drafting some surveys.

I just tried it and it worked perfectly! I really appreciate the help. I also tried just adding an underscore to my block name, hoping that'd be another "hack" to get it on the list, but that didn't work. My hopes weren't high for that one though.

Vote for My Ideas:

System Specs:
Civil 3D 2023
Message 8 of 8
NateSarles

Awesome! I'm glad that worked for you.

Hopefully, the option to add a user block to the point styles will be added soon until then we will be stuck overwriting the arrow blocks we don't need to create our custom ones.

C3D 2022
Windows 11, 64 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report