Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with Creating a superimpossed profile

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ef9LZFG
340 Views, 2 Replies

A problem with Creating a superimpossed profile

Hello All,

I working on a project with 3 alignments (Construction center line- 2 flow lines) the offsets of the 2 flow lines alignments are not constants and different from the construction centerline alignment.

I have created 3 separate profiles for the all 3 alignments, but when trying to create a  superimpossed profile  by brining the Left or right flowline profile (Existing or proposed) to the main construction centerline profile, the flow line profile (In red) comes in strange way (Shoot to the left and the right) as you can see in the pictures.

I have tried to bring the flow line profiles in pieces (I.e: Selection limits and stations), that worked but still there are limits i.e Sta 17+00 to Sta 18+00 where when brining the profile the same problem will happen and the profile will shoot to the left or right. I am not sure is this because the different in length between the two alignment or because the inconsistent offset between them ! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: ef9LZFG

I cannot read your station numbers but will express with left to right.  If you drew lines 90 degrees to your alignment you will cross the alignment twice on the left end and also on the right end of you alignments.  The superimposed profile is looking for these and therefore it  gets plotted twice.

This is not a very good explanation but if we had the .dwg, we might be able to expand on this.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
ef9LZFG
in reply to: wfberry

Hello @wfberry thanks for you response. Yeah, this what I believe is the problem, Superimposing works by projecting a line from the target alignment (Construction centerline alignment) to a perpendicular intersection with the source alignment (Right/Left Flowline alignment). That's why it shows the profile shoots to the right and left. 

The question is, is there is any workaround for this problem ? 

Thanks  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report