Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Flashing black screen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
timothylarose
629 Views, 8 Replies

2018 Flashing black screen

I first started working in C3D - 2014 for my company. We recently had to upgrade to 2018, and ever since both myself and my co-worker have had the same problem when ever deselecting an object, line, what have you; our screen in either Model or Paper space goes black for only a few seconds, sometimes longer depending on the size of the file. Has anyone else had the same problem and possible solution?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AllenJessup
in reply to: timothylarose

My first thought would be to upgrade you video drivers.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
timothylarose
in reply to: AllenJessup

Video Drivers are up to date. The problem will change from Model to Paperspace. Is there a way of simplifying the objects or layers without turning them off, or reducing the graphic quality?

Message 4 of 9
AllenJessup

Since I haven't experienced the problem. I don't have any idea of what would help. If you post your computer specs. That might help someone diagnose your problem.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
timothylarose
in reply to: AllenJessup

Computer 1 Specs:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 v4 @ 1.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
  • NVIDIA NVS 310

Computer 2 Specs:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2603 0 @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
  • AMD FirePro V4900 (FireGL V) Graphics Adapter

Let me know if there is something I missed.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I am having the same problem.  My C3D has become unworkable.  I cannot get anything done.  I am, constantly, waiting for regeneration and switching model/paper spaces and layouts.  Selecting and pressing ESC causes regeneration and a lengthy black screen.

I am running 2018 on a new tower with excellent specs. and (I think) the best video card available.  It is SUPER frustrating.  I, just, downloaded and updated the 2018.1.2 update.  No joy.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Did anyone resolve this issue? I have the same problem and has slowed my drawings down considerably. thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just resolved my problem. Set REGENAUTO to off.

Message 9 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

No one mentioned that plenty of memory and a fast SSD hard drive always helps.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report