Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Panorama Window Blank

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
2504 Views, 17 Replies

2015 Panorama Window Blank

Having an issue with the panorama window in Civil 3d 2015.  When I open the drawing, the panorama window pops up with any issues/problems (like xref path is wrong, corridor past target, etc).  The past couple of days, the panorama opens, I see the alerts, and then the window goes blank.  It is dark grey, like the theme, with no information - yet I did see the information prior to it greying/blanking out. Anybody else run into this lately? It seems to be a new development, as it was working fine since my install about a month ago, until last week.

SP1 is installed

Thanks!

Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

16 GB installed RAM

64-bit

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
almas.suljevic
in reply to: Anonymous

It seems that you may be having some issues with your display settings. See if you can check how it works with and without hardware acceleration.

1. In command line type GRAPHICSCONFIG

2. Turn off or on hardware Acceleration

3. Click OK See if that helps.

Also you may want to install Service Pack 2, just in case. http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2014/12/autocad-civil-3d-2015-service-pack-2-is-available.ht...

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: almas.suljevic

Thanks for the tip, Almas. I have had my hardware acceleration off. What's odd is, when the drawing first opens, the window pops up, and you can see the events, then it just goes gray. I commented about it, and my coworker said his started doing it last week, as well. I will try the service pack and let you know.

Karen

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

I just installed SP2, opened a drawing, and the same thing. Attached is an image of what I get, after the brief glimpse of the window with the events.

Thanks, Almas, if nothing else, I got the SP2 installed. 🙂

Karen

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Okay, I should not be surprised. Today, I opened a drawing, and I had my panorama window, I could read the information in it. It is the same drawing I have been working on, yesterday, the window was grayed out. Today, it is not. I did not do anything to my computer. I did install service pack 2, but that was last week, and it did not help. I give. 

Thanks for your suggestions, Almas. If I knew what happened, I would impart that wisdom, but I have absolutely no clue. 

Karen

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

And.....today it is back to blank. Anybody have any thoughts?

Message 7 of 18
Jeff_M

Karen, have you tried setting your color scheme for Autocad to Light?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff, I changed it to light, and then could not find my window, haha. Not due to the scheme, it (CAD/Civil) went wacky. So, closed out, reopened Civil and it was set back to dark scheme. I just went ahead and opened the dwg, and there was my panorama, and I could read it! If it happens again, I will set the scheme to light, and see if that happens to toggle it again. Thanks, Jeff! 

Message 9 of 18
jmrhyne

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I've just had this problem start this week.

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: jmrhyne

I just ended up turning the thing off, so it does not open at all when my drawing opens. LOL, I know, it does not solve it. But since the window does not open up at all, it does not bother me. It is the event viewer box, this is what I ended up doing:

Turn off event viewer in Civil 3d

To do this, go to the settings tab of prospector, right click on your

drawing name, select Edit Drawing Settings. The last tab in the

resulting dialog box is the Ambient Settings tab. The first group is

general there, expand that and select NO for show event viewer.

Message 11 of 18
jmrhyne

Thanks for the reply.  I guess that's one way to do it, but I actually use the event viewer sometimes.

Until somebody can post a solution, this will be what I have to do.  Or wait until we move to C3D 2016 and hope it works out.

It really bothers me that this happened out of the blue when it had been working right for so long.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: jmrhyne

I am with you. Mine was working fine, and then boom, it started this. Then it was sporadic, would show sometimes, not sometimes. It also began doing it for a coworker. 

If there is a solution, I would love to know it. 

Karen

Message 13 of 18
GTVic

I had this problem today on C3D 2016, the entire panorama was just a grey color. I opened a new drawing, created a new assembly with a basic lane and set the lane width to -3 to generate an error in the event viewer. This fixed the issue and when I went back to the previous drawing the event viewer was working as well.

Message 14 of 18
KPerison
in reply to: GTVic

This blank Panarama just started happening to me yesterday. I just tried GTVic's suggestion of forcing a new error in a new dwg and then returning to the original dwg. It worked like a charm.
Not sure if it will "stick", but at least I have a work-around to see whats happening.
Message 15 of 18
MKearney028
in reply to: KPerison

I'm still having this issue in C3D 2018 (with all current updates). I was hoping there would be an answer on these forums, but this was the only post I could find that mentions it. It only happens when I open C3D and the first file I open has a corridor in it, causing the Event Viewer to open with errors or warnings. I've found that I don't need to create a fake corridor in a new drawing, but just open any drawing that doesn't call up the event viewer, run the command SHOWEVENTVIEWER to open it, and then open the original drawing that I want. Still not an answer to the problem, but hopefully this shortens the workaround for anyone else with this issue. 

Message 16 of 18
GTVic
in reply to: MKearney028

Yes, I think this can be simplified. What I've done recently is just leave the event viewer open and just start a blank drawing. Then switch back to the other drawing.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks for posting this.  I only recently started having this problem and your post solved it for me beautifully.

Message 18 of 18
spywo

The root cause is, if there is the default drawing named drawing1, when you open another drawing that emits the event during the opening, the default drawing is automatically closed and removes Event Viewer from the Panorama. 
Another alternative is to close drawing1 prior to opening any other drawings. 
This issue will be fixed in Civil3D 2024 release.

Regards,
Oliver Wu, Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report