Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Export with Bind crashes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
randyspear6624
264 Views, 4 Replies

2015 Export with Bind crashes

Am I correct in assuming C3D won't convert it's xrefs to AutoCAD during export?

I'm not sure if it's the C3D xrefs or any xrefs but it crashes and if I select bind (any of the bind options).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwr-pae
in reply to: randyspear6624

Never had this problem, but;

Bind the XRefs, save the drawing with a new name, then try the export. If it doesnt crash I would look for something wrong in the XRefs.

If it crashes I would detach the Xrefs, Save As, then xport. If you get a crash with out the xrefs you have something wrong/corrupted in the C3D objects.

From here you can reatach and bind the XRefs or trouble shoot you C3D objects.

Message 3 of 5
randyspear6624
in reply to: cwr-pae

I was able to bind all xrefs but was still unable to export. A coworker was able to do it with his machine which has beefed up specs.

Surprising that mine could not handle it though. I have an i7 2.4GHz with 16gb RAM and an NVIDIA Quadro K3000M (2GB) which is much more than the recommended settings from Autodesk.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have had this happen.  Escpially with surfaces.  Earlier this year I spent a bunch of time updating all of templates using the current drawings. (2015)  I really don't know if that was the issue, but we have had very few export issues since that time.

I am guessing that some of my tremplates dated from 2008 or 2009.

Not a quick solution, nor have I heard that this is best practice, (posted the question here), just something I had heard.

Conan Witzel

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

If they are nested it won't work and can causes crash

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report