Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palette GROUPS lost when swapping to another tool palette..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
peter_thomson
295 Views, 2 Replies

Tool Palette GROUPS lost when swapping to another tool palette..

Hi All,

We have a suite of tools  that we replicate to all users, both AutoCAD and C3D users.

Part of this suite of tools are a collection of tool palettes which include all types of tools.

The tools are replicated to each user's C drive "Program Files" location and regularly updated on startup via a startup .bat file which runs a robocopy from a locally protected network location.

The tools include a set of toolbars which invoke the toolpaletteclose command and then the *_toolpalettepath command to set the location of another tool palette. We do this to limit the number of palettes to have to sieve through to find all manner of tools.

An issue that we have not been able to solve is that we lose tool palette groups when the *_toolpalettepath command is invoked.

Has anyone come across this issue and managed to solve it? I have not found anything in the forums that relates to this issue.

***Edit*** ..and as soon as I posted, I found a couple of posts that describe this issue but I don't understand the answers. 

Will be very interested in any comments.

Small video attached that shows the issue where...

I create a tool palette group of a small selection of Civil Subassemblies on the C3D default palette.

I then swap to a personal palette.

The tool pallette group just created has gone.

Is there something I should do to save this?

C3D 2019.2

Peter T

Dunedin, New Zealand.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwr-pae
in reply to: peter_thomson

I have one question. Why do you change the tool palette path? I run 3 separate tool palettes from the same  path. And yes I mean tool palettes not palette tabs. I swap tool palettes by right clicking the tool palette's palette title.

Message 3 of 3
peter_thomson
in reply to: cwr-pae

We have 8 tool palettes on our system and each has 8 palettes.
This was the way we arranged our shared discipline-specific tools for our Asia Pacific operation.
I guess this was a methodology whereby we could control simply how much relevant data we needed to have onscreen at once.
The tragedy is that it seems that the only hitch to all this is the timing of saving to AcTpCatalog.atc.
I would have thought that AutoDESK would have responded to this by now since it has been an issue for many years.
Why give us the ability to have separate palettes when it just breaks something else? Beats me.
But, many thanks for your interest and response. It just may well be that we have to run with a single palette ultimately and control what we see by groups.
Best regards,
Peter T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report