Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot elevation command

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ym.56789
344 Views, 2 Replies

Spot elevation command

ym56789_0-1716403033125.png

Hi, I am trying to create a custom command in the CUI that will help me create spot elevations faster.

I can use the command CREATEPOINTSLOPEGRADEDIST to create my new point at a specified grade from a reference point, but there are so many prompts that I find the command is not so usefull for me.

My command string is currently as follows: ^C^C._AeccCreatePointSlopeGradeDist;nod;\\G;\;0;0;Y;;

I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get this to work, but can't seem to nail it down. When performing the command manually here are the steps:

1. Snap to the node of a point (this will ensure I get that point's elevation)

2. Choose my new point location.

3. use G for grade and enter my grade.

4. hit enter to skip choosing a distance (this will use my prevuously selected point)

5. use 0 points in between, 0 offsets, Y for endpoint, and no description.

Then I arrive at my new point as I would like, for some reason I can't replicate this command in the CUI. Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kmohs
in reply to: ym.56789

You can try starting with something like this:
^C^C.osmode;8;._AeccCreatePointSlopeGradeDist;\\G;\;0;0.00;Y;;^C

Message 3 of 3
ym.56789
in reply to: ym.56789

Thanks, the command works, but for some reason the point is not showing up...

I have resorted to writing a custom .NET command - hopefully I will get something working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report