Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve all objects from the "Applies to" tab in C#

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
melanie_ernstLF68Z
274 Views, 4 Replies

Retrieve all objects from the "Applies to" tab in C#

Hello!

Is there any way to retrieve all the objects that are listed in the "Applies to" tab, where the property sets can be defined?

I tried to do it in C#, but I just could not figure out where they are stored... 

In the image below I have marked the elements I am talking about.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am curious about this shared function from the PropertyDataServices. It appears to provide what you are describing.

Dim names() As String = PropertyDataServices.FindEligibleClassNames()

Message 3 of 5

Thanks @hippe013 , this is somewhat what I was looking for! Is there a way to retrieve the class of the classname? because my Civil3D is in german, so I want to get the german names/display names as well and this function returns me a list, but all the entries also include the aec/aecmap, etc prefixes

Message 4 of 5

I am not certain as to how to retrieve the localized (German) class names. However, the list of classes that are returned from the FindEligibleClassNames function are the C++ classes. I am not even certain as to how to retrieve the displayed name as shown in the AppliesTo tab, but retrieving the runtime Type gets us a little closer to a solution. You can use the SystemObjects.ClassDictionary to retrieve the RxClass of each C++ class in the returned list. Then using the RxClass you can get the Runtime Type. I was able to return the Runtime Type of each of the C++ Classes except for one. Trying to get the runtime type of the DMLEGEND (dxf name) gave me a System.AccessViolationException so I exclude that one. 

In the following example I am building a list of classes for display in a window. I have a custom class ClassNameModel to hold the various names. The ClassNameModel has three properties, the class name (C++), the DXF Name, and the Runtime Type Name. Note how I skip over the "DMLEGEND" class. 

Dim dxf As String
Dim runtimeTypeName As String

Dim dict = SystemObjects.ClassDictionary
Dim names() As String = PropertyDataServices.FindEligibleClassNames()

For Each name As String In names
   Dim rxc As RXClass = dict.Item(name)
   dxf = rxc.DxfName

If dxf = "DMLEGEND" Then
      runtimeTypeName = "<<< AccessViolationException >>>"
   Else
      Dim tp As Type = rxc.GetRuntimeType
      runtimeTypeName = tp.Name
   End If

_classes.Add(New ClassNameModel(name, dxf, runtimeTypeName))
Next

I hope that this helps!

Message 5 of 5

Thanks @hippe013 !

I have converted it to C# code and created a list with all the RXClass names:

List<string> rxClassNames = new List<string>();
var dict = SystemObjects.ClassDictionary;
string[] eligibleClassNames = PropertyDataServices.FindEligibleClassNames();

foreach (string className in eligibleClassNames)
{
    if (dict.Contains(className))
    {
        RXClass cl = (RXClass) dict[className];
        rxClassNames.Add(cl.DxfName);
     }
}

I am now trying to retrieve the display names… If I find something/figure it out, I'll post it here 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report