Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point/Label Style Size adjustment

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JohnC_ISM
408 Views, 8 Replies

Point/Label Style Size adjustment

im not sure if the title makes sense but is there a way of grouping the point size to change with the size of the point label style? some way to associate the two? its driving me nuts having to change 18 styles and settings just to get a job done. 

or if anybody knows of a way to just use the old way of changing the point style because that was ten times easier. 

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: JohnC_ISM

Why are you needing to change them? Which settings are getting changed? What is the "old way" of changing them?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
JohnC_ISM
in reply to: Jeff_M

The old way all you had to do was select and pick a number in a dialog box
Im just trying to see if theres a different way of changing them rather then having to keep going to the toolspace and changing the settings profile. It was just much faster and im just frustrated with how many steps it takes in civil to do the simplest things.
And before you say something about how much better civil is, its just not what im lookin for. Trying to see if maybe theres even a 3rd party program that would make it easier.
Message 4 of 9
Jeff_M

@JohnC_ISM wrote:
....that would make it easier.

Make what easier? I'm still not understanding why you are changing the values of point and point label styles. Once you have have your styles setup in your template dwg you shouldn't ever need to change anything, except in possibly rare cases.

EESignature
Message 5 of 9
JohnC_ISM

okay jeff. you have won in the long run, hahah. i am finally understanding what you mean with desc keys and all that as far as points styles/labels/settings. atleast i think i do. google is way too much information for basically new new people. so whats the most basic outline of what to do in order to create a filter that would take idk trees or something and autogenerate what would take us hours to do.

for example:

1 toolspace

2 settings 

3 points

etc etc

im on 2022. im gonna try and see if chatgpt knows as well. if i figure it out before then ill letcha know. 

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

@JohnC_ISM Check out these 2 short videos on YouTube for the basics of setting up your description keys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6KIkOfBgg0  part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd4xZsrFEV0  part 2

EESignature
Message 7 of 9
JohnC_ISM

Perfect. so for yours how many point groups did you have? Is this gonna bog down my computer even more? I have a really good one but autocad just loves to glitch no matter what.
Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

I typically have less than 20 point groups. As described in the video, using the Description Keys to control the styles/label styles, layers can cut down the need for the point groups. I have seen drawings with over 100 PG's that the performance was no different than just 1 group. Having DescriptionKeySets setup properly is by far the best way to control the display of points. I've seen sets with 1000's of keys in them.

EESignature
Message 9 of 9
JohnC_ISM

I gotcha. Yeah tomorrow I’m gonna try to set it all up and see how it comes out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report