Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Drawing Script Screws with Drawing Coordinate System - Help

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
MSchille-1994
101 Views, 1 Reply

New Drawing Script Screws with Drawing Coordinate System - Help

Weird one here.....

If I type New or _New and select my drawing (not a template), Civil 3D starts me a new drawing utilizing my template drawing.  That template drawing file has the coordinates set to US Survey Foot - No Datum - No Projection.  All is good.

I created a script that is tied to Ribbon Button.  The script is written to do the same exact thing, start a new drawing utilizing that same template .dwg file, nothing else programmed in it.  However, one my new drawing is created, the coordinates are set to International Foot.  Some how that setting is getting switched while using my script.  Why?

I have attached the script file.  This forum won't allow the attachment of .scr files so I switched it to a .csv.  If you download it, just switch it back to a .scr file and you can then open it in Notepad.

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Update........If I switch my template file from a .dwg to a .dwt, this setting seems to hold okay.

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report