Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does work Box Culvert With Wingwall Intersect With Corridor Slope?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ce.akhan19
1171 Views, 8 Replies

How does work Box Culvert With Wingwall Intersect With Corridor Slope?

Hello everyone,

I seek forward to your expert advice about my Problem.

I Believe Civil 3D has this function to make it accurate.

I Would Like to make box culvert with a wing wall it will intersect the

corridor embalmment in needs to be reflected in corridor models.

It Is possible Make using civil 3D.

Please give me your advice and how I can solve my issue.

I have attached my working file &  also a Sample of my requirement.

I look forward to your kind reply 

Ashraf Khan

@Jeff_M  @Alfred.NESWADBA @Joe-Bouza @neilyj666 @ToddRogers-WPM @jmayo-EE @wfberry @BrianHailey 

@hmsilva @tcorey @AllenJessup @doni49 @Jay_B @KMercier_C3D @sboon 

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sboon
in reply to: ce.akhan19

Set an alignment and profile for the culvert through the road embankment.  Add a pipe network with the box culvert length you want. 

Draw feature lines representing the bottom of your wingwalls from the ends of the pipe out to the toe of the road fill.  Grade up from there near vertically to represent the face of the wall.  Grade horizontally out from the feature lines to represent the ground surface in front of the walls.  You can paste surfaces together to show the final result.

Edit - you can also use a corridor or grading to represent the designed channel in and out of the culvert.  If you want to get fancy the same technique can be used to show the extent of the temporary excavation required for construction of the culvert and walls etc.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 9
ce.akhan19

Many Tanks for quick reply.

It Sounds Very Difficult to me can please share the screenshot of the process? 

Can you please review my civil 3D file ?

Message 4 of 9
ce.akhan19
in reply to: sboon

Is there any video instruction? could you please share the link with me?

Message 5 of 9
Domziman

I have created custom subbasemblies of our countries subassembies, created codw set styles and it works perfectly.

Civil 3D Certified Professional
Message 6 of 9
ce.akhan19
in reply to: Domziman

Hi, Thanks for your reply

@Domziman  

Can you Show me the way you prepared this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Message 7 of 9
hippe013

Sometimes I find it easier to just manually draw a headwall structure as a 3d Solid. Civil 3d has the capabilities to make headwall structures, but they can be frustrating to work with at times. I find just manually creating it as a solid and then draping featurelines over it to project to a profile view or section view is sometimes much easier with fewer headaches. 

hippe013_0-1673369777909.png

Message 8 of 9
ce.akhan19
in reply to: hippe013

Thank you to share your idea. This is a way can make 3D Objects, I would like to know your full process of work, Could you please guide how you incorporate your project!!

Ton of Thanks 

@hippe013 

Message 9 of 9
hippe013

Making solids such as what I posted requires some previous knowledge of working with solids in AutoCAD and modeling in 3d. Commands that you need to be familiar with are extrude, union, subtract, as well as being familiar with working is different User Coordinate Systems (UCS). Do you have an existing drawing showing dimensions of a head wall with wing walls or are you needing to design one from scratch?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report