Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Intel UHD Graphics Handle Complex Architectural Designs in AutoCAD?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
luciaonmatteo
102 Views, 0 Replies

Can Intel UHD Graphics Handle Complex Architectural Designs in AutoCAD?

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community to get some insights and advice on using Intel UHD Graphics for handling complex architectural designs in AutoCAD. I recently purchased a laptop that comes equipped with Intel UHD Graphics, and I'm curious about its capabilities and limitations when it comes to working with intricate and detailed architectural projects in AutoCAD.

Here are the specs of my current laptop:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-1165G7
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4
  • Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
  • Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics

My Concerns

1. Performance in AutoCAD: How well does Intel UHD Graphics perform when handling large and complex architectural models in AutoCAD? Are there any noticeable lags, delays, or crashes when working with high-detail projects?
  2. Rendering Quality and Speed: Can Intel UHD Graphics deliver high-quality renderings within a reasonable time frame? How does it compare to dedicated graphics cards in terms of rendering speed and output quality?
  3. Viewport Performance: Is the viewport performance smooth and responsive when navigating through complex models? Are there any tips or settings I should adjust to optimize performance?
  4. Thermal Management: Does the laptop get excessively hot when working on demanding projects in AutoCAD? How does the thermal performance of Intel UHD Graphics hold up under prolonged use?
  5. Software Compatibility: Are there any known compatibility issues or bugs with AutoCAD when using Intel UHD Graphics? Should I be aware of any driver updates or patches that could improve performance?

I appreciate any insights, advice, or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report