Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call/Run the CREATESUBASSEMBLYTOOL function directly?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jhdempsey
160 Views, 0 Replies

Call/Run the CREATESUBASSEMBLYTOOL function directly?

We are creating our own content library application. We would like the user to be able to select a subassembly in our own content library window, and then prompt the user to insert the subassembly onto an assembly.

If you click on a subassembly listed in the Civil 3D tool palette, it launches the CREATESUBASSEMBLYTOOL function and then guides the user through all the steps to add it to the drawing.

Ideally, I want to call this method from our content library code, but if you call that command by typing it directly into the command line, it asks you where to place the subassembly as expected, but then shows an error saying "One or more subassembly .Net classes could not be found". My assumption is this is because at no point have we told the command which subassembly to place. When you click on a subassembly in the tool palette, I'm assuming it's setting the name/location of the subassembly to insert somewhere before that command is called, but I have no idea where.

Does anyone know how I can get the CREATESUBASSEMBLYTOOL function to work when called directly? I don't want to have to write loads of my own code to replicate that function!

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report