Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom Links for custom Subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1331 Views, 3 Replies

Bottom Links for custom Subassembly

Hi Everyone!

Can someone help me pls with my Assembly. I've already created my custom subassembly for my open canal and it appears that i dont have bottom links in it as shown on my screenshot. I needed to have bottom links for it so that i can compute for the area in my X-section shown. I also attached the Cad file for additional info. I hope someone help me please with my problem. Thank You in advance and keep safe everyone.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What i did was i added it to the surface. but is there a way that it can already be detected like the available default subassemblies?

Message 3 of 4
tyronebk
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume when you say "Bottom Links" you mean "Datum". Your surface used the "Datum" link code for data:

tyronebk_0-1602101065850.png

To get your custom subassembly to follow standard corridor conventions, you should add "Datum" and "Top" codes to the appropriate links in your custom subassembly if you want it to be captured by the standard "Datum" and "Top" link codes. You can do it like this in your subassembly:

tyronebk_1-1602101189134.png

Make sure you spell "Datum" and "Top" exactly as shown. No additional spaces or uppercase letters.

The Overhang Correction - "Bottom Links" option does not actually define the surface. The surface is defined by the selected link and point codes. Choosing "Bottom Links" tries to find the lowest link for the selected codes, it doesn't tell the surface to build from the bottom links in the subassembly.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tyronebk

oh thank you very much sir, i will try it. GODBLESS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report