Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Errors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
360 Views, 1 Reply

UI Errors

Simulation CFD is a really powerful software, but visualization and figure export is like stuck in 90s. Exporting figures is a pain and the "Viewer" is even worse. How about export to PDF? Those I could manipulate without quality loss.

Specifically, I want to export planes of my results, but the numbers on the color bar are far to small. There is no possibility to change this, even though people mentioned this 5 years ago. Additionally, there is a bug in the legend creation. If I set the range of my main legend to "user specified" there is always one point missing (see example picture). This does not happen when I set it to "Levels", which I don't want.

Further, why it is not possible to set a specific zoom value? I know there is this option for "save view", but a little bit of more manual control would be nice.

Finally, there is another bug with the export of traces or with the viewer. I've exported traces for different gas flow channels in my simulation. For one of those channels the export works, for the other two it doesn't. The viewer opens the files, but only shows something in the "Cases" overview but not in the main tile. I couldn't attach the original vtfx files as example where one is working and the other not, even though they are almost the same but included two images. Original files directly from Autodesk CFD 2019 can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c97089rq8k1yzi7/AAAEh1iA-HgARkkliIAxR4bfa?dl=0

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

More errors found. Double checked if all updates for CFD 2019 on Windows are installed.

1. Export of "Static Image" with custom resolution does not work. Image size is then about 30 kB instead of 400 kB with screen resolution (1920x1080). Does not matter whether you set it lower or higher than your screen resolution. Resulting image has correct resolution, but is just a blank white page.

2. Print button in main menu without function. Pressing the print button while being in the results panel just does not do anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report