Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different Results Folders?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
corsair2014
359 Views, 2 Replies

Two different Results Folders?

Hi, I am a CFD noob but have been playing around with it a bit for my personal aircraft (RC Plane) projects.

I have a question in regards to how results are downloaded and stored when cloud solving; as the screenshot will show, I have two folders, nearly identical in size but with different names, containing the same scenario sub folders... I am confused on which folder is for what. 

Also, possibly related to this folder question, my results are mostly gone when viewing in CFD. For example, under the Results tab, the results show ITERATION 0 and appear to have no saved results even though the Solve specifies saving results every 25 iterations (Cloud solved at about 3,000 iterations if i remember correctly).

Are my results missing because I somehow separated these folders or something? When cleaning up my desktop folders I may have messed with the CFD folder architecture...

Thank you for your patience with my newbie questions!

-Colton

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
corsair2014
in reply to: corsair2014

Can anybody help me out? Should be a simple question for someone who is more experienced than I am...

Message 3 of 3
Amal.C
in reply to: corsair2014

Hi @corsair2014,

Thanks for joining Autodesk CFD Community! 🙂 Sorry for the delay in replying!

I understood here that you create two folders with different names where you put the same content of a design study, correct? 

When you navigate inside the scenario folder and open the solver folder, are you able to see the result files  .res## ? if yes, then the simulation completed successfully and we just need to follow some steps to get the results back into the UI.

Would you please attach a screenshot of the content of each scenario folder? 

Thanks,

Amal

Amal Cheikh rouhou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report