Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solver has exited unexpectedly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hanvanvliet
778 Views, 5 Replies

Solver has exited unexpectedly

Hello everybody,

I have designed a vessel for gas seperation and I want to check of my calculations are representative with Autodesk CFD.

But when I hit the button Solve he starts with meshing but at te step Computing restart BC data the pops up a messagebox with the message that the analysis has stopped because the solver exited unexpectedly.

Does somebody know what the reason can be for this problem?

I do not use thermal conditions only flow and pressure.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karol.suchon
in reply to: hanvanvliet

Hello!

I am not 100% sure but it looks that you do not have a fluid volume in the study.

Every piece of a tank is a solid body, so that is the reason why the solver quit.

If you only compute the flow inside without the heat transfer you could only be left the inner volume body by setting it as fluid and suppressing the rest of them.

If you still have some problems, just attach the files.

Best regards,

Karol

Message 3 of 6
marwan_azzam

Hi @hanvanvliet ,

I second what Karol said above.  You don't have any fluid material hence the error.

You need to set the inside volume of the tank to a Fluid material.

In addition, the inlet has both Volume Flow Rate and Pressure boundary condition (BC).  This is over-constrained.  Remove the Pressure BC at the inlet and keep only the flow rate.

Let us know if that works.

Marwan

Message 4 of 6
hanvanvliet
in reply to: marwan_azzam

Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot for your reactions. I do not have set a gas for the fluid.

There is in the study no model of the volume of the tank. Only parts from the tank.

Is there a possibility to set the parameters that there is gas everywhere except where there is steel from the tank parts?

Message 5 of 6
marwan_azzam

Hi @hanvanvliet ,

You're welcome.

If I understand you correctly, your CAD model reparents only the empty tank with no separate volume for the fluid inside the tank, right?

In that case, you can use the Void Fill function to create this volume.  This is described here.

Marwan

Message 6 of 6
hanvanvliet
in reply to: marwan_azzam

@marwan_azzam thanks for the help!!, the study is running at te moment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report