Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with setting boundary conditions

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
douglas.bertin
342 Views, 8 Replies

Problems with setting boundary conditions

Bonjour,

Je suis nouveau sur le logiciel et j'ai beaucoup de problèmes lors de la configuration de mes "conditions aux limites". Je voudrais simuler un climatiseur rectangulaire (simplifier), avec une entrée d'air par le bas et une sortie d'air de chaque côté du rectangle. Bref, un ventilateur centrifuge qui aspire l'air de la pièce par une seule entrée et le refoule par 4 sorties radiales.

Mon problème est que j'essaye de simplifier au maximum ma CAO en ne mettant même pas le ventilateur. J'applique uniquement l'entrée et la sortie d'air par une condition de débit volumique et à l'entrée une condition de température, mais je n'arrive pas à obtenir des résultats cohérents.
Pouvez-vous m'aider s'il vous plaît?
Existe-t-il un tutoriel similaire pour mon problème ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator (version gratuite)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello @douglas.bertin ,

Can you send the support share file (*.cfz) ot the model (you have to zip it).

The images above do not show what boundary conditions you are applying to the model.

Marwan

Message 3 of 9

Merci de votre réponse !

Message 4 of 9

this !

Message 5 of 9

hello @marwan_azzam 

I can't share my file

Message 6 of 9

Hello @douglas.bertin ,

You cannot post the cfz file.  That's why I asked for it in a zipped format.

You have to zip the cfz file and post the zip file.

Marwan

Message 7 of 9

okai @marwan_azzam thank 

Message 8 of 9

Hello @douglas.bertin ,

The model is definitely not setup properly.

- Is this a closed system or open to the outside?  It seems like a closed system to me.

- Volume 4 has Flow rate of 400 m3/hr on the 4 flat surfaces plus the one circular surface.  All  flows are pointing outside the volumes and pumping air into the other Air volume, volume 5.  This is not right, not to mention:

- It's not good practice to have flow  boundary conditions like these applied to an internal surface.  The results will be incorrect even if they were pointing in the right direction.

- You will need to model the fan as a separate volume and use that to drive the air flow.

See attached model.

Marwan

Message 9 of 9

hello @marwan_azzam 

Thanks for your answer!
I just looked at what you did, but the problem is that the fan is a radial fan and not an axial one. The air goes out on the sides (horizontally) and not from the bottom to the top.
What boundary conditions can I put and on which side should I apply them?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report