Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle Traces: is there any alternative to pick on Plane ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
473 Views, 3 Replies

Particle Traces: is there any alternative to pick on Plane ?

I have constructed a VAWT and started simulation using Autodesk CDF. I have used pick on plane option to get the particle traces.

I have seen a simulation in solidworks where the all the points for which the particle simulation has to be done is evenly distributed from Y-axis plane follows the path of the wind. The number of particle can be controlled. Is there any options to imitate the same in CFD ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

There are more options in 2017, that allows them to be driven from the geometry. I am not sure exactly what you are looking for though, might you be able to share an image?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Sir, In the Photo I attached, the particle comes from a face of the External Volume Generated, then Interacts with the Turbine.
I want to simulate this in Autodesk CFD.
Currently I have to pick points in a sliced plane (Photo attached), the point interacts with the Turbine. Can I achieve the Previously mentioned Results in CFD ?

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do this, yes. Before 2017 you will need to switch the plane to the y axis and draw an array of points.

In 2017 you can just use the geometry 🙂

Does that answer this for you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report