Community
BIM 360 Team Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Team Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Team topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open .dwg files directly from Bim 360

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5691 Views, 8 Replies

Open .dwg files directly from Bim 360

I was sold Bim 360 Team with the understanding that I could open. edit, and save files directly i my hub. That doesn't appear to be reality. Am i missing something?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ray,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting your question.  The only product tied to the Team products that does this is Fusion 360 and Revit Collaboration, but these are not DWG files.  I'm not sure why they told you that this was possible.  We do have A360 Drive Desktop Sync that shipped with AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD based vertical products and Inventor, but it's not tied to Team, it's tied to A360 Drive, our older technology.  We are always working on new technology for the future, but right now this is not possible.  You would need to edit the DWG files, then upload them to the project on your Team HUB.  Note that there are versions created when the files are uploaded, so you go back to a different version if needed.   

Be sure to check out our Tips, Tricks and Tutorials page, it has a lot of great getting information that will help you get started with Team. 

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials:

HELP: Basic Functionality within your TEAM hub:

HELP: Advanced Functionality within your TEAM hub:

Last but not least be sure to click on the "?" in the upper right hand corner and check out the help, there is a whats new and getting started help as well. 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/BIM360T/ENU/

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions  about this, and have a great weekend.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a functionality that is in the pipeline to be added? MS Office files can be launched from the Hub directly into a local program, so one would think it wouldn't be too difficult to do.

Message 4 of 9

Has this been implemented?  I feel like we were given this same impression when we were sold on it.  Would like to open directly to AutoCAD and then directly back to it.

Message 5 of 9
jessica.bryant
in reply to: apaulsen

You can browse to DWG files that are saved on BIM 360 either through windows explorer, or from CAD.
The file path should look something like this:  C:\Users\Yourname\BIM 360.

Message 6 of 9
apaulsen
in reply to: jessica.bryant

Jessica, what do you need to download in order to view files form Windows Explorer?

Message 7 of 9
jessica.bryant

@apaulsen  There's nothing to download -  As long as you have CAD, you open it directly from the file path; just like you would if the file was somewhere on your local network.  If you're looking to just view it, not open/edit, then you can do that from within BIM360.

Message 8 of 9
apaulsen
in reply to: jessica.bryant

@Anonymous  Believe you need to install Desktop Connector.  Have done this and the file path you mentioned works.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
carolina.fong

You can now do this using Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC). Within Autodesk Docs, you can open your DWG and edit via the AutoCAD Web App.

You can watch this video for a detailed demo:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report