Community
BIM 360 Team Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Team Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Team topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bim Team Display issue

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
rodrigopons
1280 Views, 12 Replies

Bim Team Display issue

Hi, we are currently working with C4R and Team Bim, but when we try to review on Chrome the sheet especially the ones with section don't display correct, can someone help us with this issue.

image.png 

Regards 

RPG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi @rodrigopons

Thank you for posting to the BIM 360 Team forum.  I understand that you are having trouble with how sheets are being displayed when viewing in Chrome.

Does the sheet display correctly in other web browsers?  Also, could you provide some screenshots of how that sheet is displayed in Revit?

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.  I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 13

Hi Patrick

Thank for your promptly response, i attach you a PDF file with screenshot
of the same part of the same sheet from 3 browsers (edge, chrome, firefox)
all of them with the same problem, and the screenshot from REVIT that looks
OK, do you have any idea if there is any fix, o a time frame for one??

I think it is important to mention that doesn't happen on all the same
sheets of the same file i added a slide with a screenshot from Chrome

regards

Rodrigo Pons

Message 4 of 13

Hi @rodrigopons

Thank you for providing those screen captures.  After taking a look at the images provided, I'll assume that the display differences that you are referencing are that in Revit some of the text appears as half-toned but when you upload it to BIM 360 Team it appears black.  Is this correct?

This may be occurring based on the configuration of the Revit model.  What method are you using to make the text in the model half-toned?  

To test this, can you try exporting the sheet that is not displaying correcting to a DWF?  Please reference the Export to DWF help documentation to help.  If the DWF displays differently then what you see in Revit as well, then the issue is related to a configuration in the Revit model.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 5 of 13

Hi Patrick what i mean is that the plan views in Team 360, look pixelated, I attach here an example 

The text looks ok, but not the plan view 

image.png

Message 6 of 13

Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for providing that additional information. The sheet is blurry most likely due to it being produced as a raster instead of a vector sheet. By design, Revit will automatically use raster processing for a view if the sheet contains shading, shadows, gradients, or sketchy lines. The raster sheet can appear blurry when zoomed in because it is made from pixels.

If you wish to have that sheet produce as a vector, you will need to make sure it is setup to not include the above features as well as the features available in the Help Documentation - About Vector Processing and Raster Processing

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments with the information provided above. If this answer helps resolve your forum post, please choose to Accept as Solution so that other members can find it more easily.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 7 of 13

Hi @rodrigopons

I wanted to reach out to see if you had any questions with the information that was provided.  

If the information I provided helps explain why those sheets appear blurry please choose the Accept as Solution.  This will help other community members who may experience a similar behavior. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions or comments.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 8 of 13

We tried the solution you provided but we still have the problem, is there a real solution?? 

Message 9 of 13

Hi @rodrigopons

I'm sorry that you are still having the sheets appear blurry.  Would you be able to send a private message with a link to the Revit model so that I can test it on our end to try and get the sheets to process as a vector.

Depending on the graphics of the Views within the Sheet, Revit will output either a Raster or Vector.  If any features are still on the sheet that will force a raster output instead of a vector then you will notice the sheet is blurry when zoomed in.  Were you able to turn off the patterns from the sheet above that shows section 3,4,5 &7?  The patterns will force Revit to produce a Raster output.

If you are still unable to produce a Vector output after making sure all of the features that affect this are turned off, would it be possible to send me a private message with a link to the model.  I can take a look and see if I can make the sheets produce as a vector.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 10 of 13

Hi @rodrigopons

I'm just checking in to see if you were able to turn off the features causing raster output to get your sheets to display as vector.  Did the suggestion I provide help you get the sheet to export as a vector?

If so, please choose Accept as Solution on the post that helped the most so other community members can find them easily.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 11 of 13
Sarah.VW
in reply to: patrick.beattie

Hello,

In BIM360 Team we still have the problem that all the views for a project appear blurry after turning off the shading, shadows,sketchy lines,...

BIM360 Team blurry viewBIM360 Team blurry view

To find out what the problem can be i uploaded 1 view to our BIM360 Team. On the image below you'll see the graphic display options for that view in Revit. There are also no categorie or element overrides.

What am i missing?

Graphic Display Options in RevitGraphic Display Options in Revit

Greetings

Message 12 of 13
SteveBennettTD
in reply to: Sarah.VW

I've got the same problem. Plan view, no raster items or things configured in the view that would cause revit to output a raster.

Steve Bennett - Design Technology Manager

Taylor Design http://www.wearetaylor.com/

Blog http://adventuresinbim.blogspot.com

Message 13 of 13
vinay.bajaj
in reply to: rodrigopons

Is there a real solution to the problem? It is reducing the use of BIM 360 for review process. 3D views looks absolutely fine but when these 3D views are put in sheets, they start looking blurry. Sometime, 2D views are so pixelated that it is hard to read a layout. If this issue does not get resolve, BIM 360 will act as mere central file server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report