Community
BIM 360 Team Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Team Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Team topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Cloud - My Opinion

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Robertas_Suminskas
185 Views, 0 Replies

Autodesk Cloud - My Opinion

I tested different packages of Autodesk Cloud (Take Off, BIM Collaborate, Build)

In general Autodesk Cloud Packages are misleading as people expect to be unified platform and sharing same data but during my test I notice there disconnection between platform so you have to do multiple times same task. Also where no transition from Autodesk Take off Sheet to Autodesk Build and with BIM Collaborate. 

Separating sales department, design and site time it a bad move. And price wise is not cost efficient, if you want to get more companies to be involved using platform,  making affordable access to platform from Site Engineer , Supervisors, PM and Main Contractor, Client they should consider to unite people instead scare or build distance.

My opinion more people involved less issues you have and more smooth project goes.

Autodesk Desktop Application doesn't shows Revit files if you don't have BIM Collaborate license.

PlanGrid Autodesk version is very inefficient and limited comparing competitors ProCore and Fieldwire which is cost why more less and does a better job. Autodesk PlanGrid version is not a good platform if you want communicate Between Site Team, Design team and Client.

About Naming Convention and Revision. Autodesk using outdated naming convention and revision numbering system and skipping BIM Standards. If Autodesk want to be number one company and show passionate about construction industry they should be first company to introduce these systems or make it flexible.

I could talk more about lack features and improvements but from that I saw Autodesk team don't do research, don't communicate with Construction team and that challenges they have. In other word if team is not ambitious so it is mean that they are progressing very slowly and falling behind.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report