Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing PDF

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ragnhild.myrnes
215 Views, 1 Reply

Viewing PDF

Hi!

I have a question regarding viewing pdf's in ACC / BIM 360.

The ACC PDF viewer is unpractical when it comes to text PDF's; the text is blurry and it is not possible to scroll through the pages.

Previously, I figured out that I could use Microsoft Edge, right click the pdf file and choose 'view in browser' to view a scrollable and clear pdf. However this option seems now to be gone, and it's only possible to choose 'view in acc viewer'

I have checked both Microsoft Edge and Chrome, and it does not seem to be working 

Has something changed, Am i missing something and is there a way to view a pdf so that it is clear and scrollable?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @ragnhild.myrnes,

What type of pdf's are you trying to view raster or vector?

If you using Vector pdfs you will need to make sure the Vector PDF viewing is switched on with Project Admin (module) > Document management > Advanced Settings. This allows zooming and you can read text better.

BIM 360 Docs - Vector PDF.PNG

Take a look at the Autodesk Knowledge Network article Does BIM 360 Docs support vector PDF files?

As far as scrolling in PDF's I don't remember there being an option to do this. It is generally select the page you wish to view.

Please click the Accept Solution button if my reply answers your question.

Twitter: @TheDarkAsset
LinkedIn: gareth-spencer-84202532

Gareth Spencer
BIM Technical Consultant | Man and Machine (UK)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report