Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCP files xref into Civil3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rramirezLWGFG
268 Views, 1 Reply

RCP files xref into Civil3D

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating our data from a local server to BIM 360, so Survey and CAD teams can work in the same environment. I am doing some testing and I realized that one of the Civil 3D drawings does not show the Point Cloud referenced in it. The folder structure is quite deep, but the length of the path is less than 248 characters:

"C:\Users\Xxxx Yyyyyyy\BIM 360\XXX - HUB\Sand Box XXXX Survey\XXXX Survey\Survey\01. N-Trestles\00. SRV\00. Existing\2021-0225 NT_EB Deck\RCP\210226-02-SRV-3D-NTEB_Deck(1x1).rcp", which is 176 characters long.

When I move the RCP up to the 2nd tier (shorter path) and Re-reference into my Civil 3D drawing, the Point Cloud is back in, so it looks like a path length issue. However, I do not understand why, as the length is less than the maximum by more than 60 characters.

Does anyone know what might be the issue? Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I found what the isssue might be: when I free space in Desktop Connector (delete local copy), the associated file inside the RCP support folder is no longer there. Has does this happened to anybody? Is there any workaround for this? The only way to create surfaces out of point clouds is by using RCP files.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report