Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain how to setup the Power Bi templates to the Autodesk Data Connector preview

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
brucegund
847 Views, 4 Replies

Please explain how to setup the Power Bi templates to the Autodesk Data Connector preview

Can someone at Autodesk provide step by step instructions using the new June Power Bi templates to the Autodesk Data Connector Preview. I have been trying and cannot get past the request for a Sourcefolder when opening the power bi templates. I want them to connect to the Autodesk Data Connector. I have that working. I can load the tables just fine. I cannot get the template cards to connect to the data connector tables. They keep wanting to look at a Sourcefolder.

Thanks,

Bruce

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brucegund
in reply to: brucegund

Continuing trying to get this to work....

I have tried copy the templates to look at the Autodesk Data Connector - Preview Data but there seems to be disconnects and not all tables are available to do it? BIM360_Service_Names being one. Also the data is unable to be transformed and formated correctly, for example from text to Date/Time.... for a few of the columns in the tables. 

Autodesk touted the Data Connector Preview as a tool to automatically access the data and have templates to view the data but I am not able to get it to work. It works great if I download the cvs files but I don't want to do that... 

Any help from Autodesk would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Message 4 of 5
oteadmendey58

Thanks for reaching out! Setting up Power Bi templates to the Autodesk Data Connector Preview can be a bit tricky, but I can help guide you through the process. Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of Power Bi installed. Then, when you open the templates, click on "Edit Queries" and select "Advanced Editor". From there, you can modify the source code to point to the correct tables in the Data Connector. If you're still having trouble, I recommend checking out some Power Bi courses online or reaching out to Autodesk Support for further assistance

Message 5 of 5
FuldenYilmaz

You can watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BD4iPS0b_o&ab_channel=SymetriUK

In additon working csv file is more guarantee for data connector.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Best regards,
Fulden Yılmaz MSc. Architect - BIM Consultant
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report