Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create hyperlinks in 'Project Files' BIM Viewer?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Unknown_Account59
727 Views, 7 Replies

Not able to create hyperlinks in 'Project Files' BIM Viewer?

We don't seem to have the option to be able to add hyperlinks in the 'Project Files' section, even though this function is available in 'Plans'.

We believe this would be very useful to link reports and specs together, for instance, which we are currently not able to do? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @Unknown_Account59, You're right. Manual creation of hyperlinks is currently available only in the Plans section. We understand the need for this feature to be available in Project Files as well. Thanks for your suggestion. We'll look into it. Best Regards, Doreen
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for the reply, I look forward to hearing when this is going to be possible. Can I just ask, are there any plans to merge the 'plans' and 'project files' sections together at any point in the future? We would prefer to have total flexibility as to how many high-level folders we can create, which folders allow for OCR titleblock extraction etc etc. The reason for asking is that we currently have had to change our standard folder structure to suit how the system has been set up, which instantly means we lose some interest from Managers as the folder is structure is not something they are used to, and this creates an unnecessary barrier to adoption in our opinion.
Message 4 of 8

Have there been any further updates on this item? 

Message 5 of 8

hi @Unknown_Account59,

I have reached out to my colleagues in the development team. I will give you an update when I hear back.

Have a great day. 

Jayson Sterba
Customer Programs Manager, Preconstruction
Message 6 of 8

hi @Unknown_Account59,

I have been informed that creating hyperlinks in the 'Project Files' section is on the roadmap. However, I am unable to provide a timeline for it at this time. I brought it up to the development team that one thing your company would benefit from this change would be to link reports and specifications together. I will continue to monitor this thread and provide updates when I hear any. If you want to pass along any more feedback on why this should be incorporated into docs and how you would benefit from it please create a post on the BIM360 Ideas board and / or pass it along to me and I will let the developers know.

Posting it on the ideas board will allow other users to vote on the idea, possibly moving it along sooner.

Thank you and have a great day!

Please Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Jayson Sterba
Customer Programs Manager, Preconstruction
Message 7 of 8

Ok that's great, thanks. The sooner the better please, as it would be very beneficial to our teams. 

I posted it here as there appears to more engagement/feedback from Autodesk on this section as opposed to the Ideas Board. 

Thanks

Message 8 of 8

was this added to ACC? I cannot seem to create hyperlinks in ACC on any of the published sheets or views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report