Community
BIM 360 Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified Date Changes When Copying from Desktop Connector

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cburgessYUD2V
150 Views, 0 Replies

Modified Date Changes When Copying from Desktop Connector

My question is about Desktop Connector--I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question, and I'm also not sure if this isn't actually a Windows 10 thing. 

I'm the BIM/VDC coordinator for a GC, and for my current project my architects are using BIM 360, and I'm using the Desktop Connector so that I can more easily copy and distribute their model files. What I have noticed recently is that sometimes when I copy a file from my local Desktop Connector folder to another location on my computer, the "Modified" date of that file in the destination folder doesn't match the "Modified In AutoDesk Docs" date in the Connector folder. I believe that, after syncing, updated files in the Connector will have today's date, but in the destination folder the moved file has an earlier date. See the attached image, the window on the right is my local Desktop Connector folder, and on the left is the destination folder. I had to cover up identifiable stuff, but I left out enough to show I'm using the same file in both places. 

The timeline of model updates is part of the project documentation, and while my local destination folder isn't really part of that documentation, it's not a huge deal, but it might cause me to miss distributing a file because it has an older modified date. 

Is this something with the Desktop Connector or with Windows? 

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report